Welcome

Welcome to the Brookwood Elementary Media Center!
Click HERE to return to the Brookwood Homepage

Click HERE to go to the Media Center website



.

.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Too Cool!

Today, we tried some augmented reality with Mrs. Kadinger's pre-k class.  I had a little glitch getting the Quiver app downloaded (well - actually not a glitch - but the iPads had to have the lastest update for the app to work) - so I found it easier to use my phone.  I had hoped for each child to be able to use an iPad themselves.  We'll do that next time we use AR - and there will be a next time as the kids really loved this.   They simple drew a black design on their pumpkin paper and when we used the app, their designs came to life!  I wish I had screenshots of all of them - but here are the ones that I have anyway! The students loved seeing a candle glowing inside of their jack  o'lanterns! When viewing on the app, you can rotate the device to see different views, too.  Go to their website - www.quivervision.com - to download pages if you want to try this at home!